Senior Logistics and clearance Specialist
Job Vacancy - 2021-08-11
|Experience Needed||Career Level||Job Type||Department|
|More than 3-5 years||Senior Level||Full Time||Logistics|
· Duties and Responsibilities:
-Handling Import daily operations such as communicating & following up with the suppliers to Prepare and process import documentation according to customs regulations, laws, or procedures
- -Tracking the shipments and communicating with the shipping lines, airlines, freight forwarders and insurance agents.
- -Maintain relationships with customs brokers in ports to expedite the clearing of cargo.
- =Coordinate with the clearance agent in order to prepare the shipping documents according to the customs Egyptian laws & avoid discrepancies in shipping documents.
- -Supervising the clearance process of the shipments either in the sea or airport & responsible for tracking the shipment status from shipment arrival to ports till delivery to warehouse.
- -Supervising the clearance agents to ensure that goods are cleared in the timeliest and efficient manner while targeting cost reduction, clearance expenses savings and contractual requirements.
- -Responsible for Negotiation to get the best offers of Ocean & air freight, trucking, Customs clearance, carrier services and insurance.
- -Responsible for following up with Finance Dept. to prepare the bank forms required for customs clearance process.
- -Liaising with the internal & external stakeholders in order to facilitate the customs clearance process.
- follow up logistics services provider’s payments.
- Job Specification:
- - Education:
- Bachelor Degree in any discipline
- - Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
-Skills and abilities
· Fluent spoken & written English, Solid communication skills, Critical Thinking and exceptional analytical skills, Persuasion
· Report writing abilities
- High typing speed (Arabic & English)
· Very Good usage of Excel, WinWord and Power Point, and database software.
· Good Command of English and Arabic, both spoken and written.